Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Friday, February 24, 2006

It's been a while...

Thanks, Staisha, for noticing the lack of attention I've given my blog lately. I started writing a couple of posts, but nothing seemed really insightful, and, well, I guess it's because I haven't been taking the overanalytical route lately with the things that have been going on around here. I realized that in getting down to the nitty gritty with everything, I was missing the big picture. As profound as it is, everything happens for a reason, and, well, everything's going to work out the way that they are supposed to regardless of whether or not I understand them. Thusly, it's important to remember that when you can't trace God's hand, you can trace His heart, and because He's painting the picture of my life, every stroke is ultimately going to lead to a beautiful masterpiece where I know I'll be happy. And, that's all that really matters.

So, while my mind has definitely slipped into the right lane and started driving a little under the speed limit, there's still been a lot going on. Life's almost been like a soap opera that you watch on TV purely for entertainment purposes. You know....like the ones that don't really leave any profound thoughts lingering or any emotions pulling on your heart strings....you just simply think to yourself, "huh...well that was pretty good" and then you go to bed. Needless to say, things have been colorful and interesting which his good because it means that I'm not too bored. That's definitely a good thing. So yeah, here's what's been going on (not in chronological order):

"Into every life, some paradise must fall..." Probably the most exciting thing to happen to me recently is that I was accepted into the Medical College of Georgia, so in May, I'll be packing up, leaving Athens for Augusta, and starting PT school there on May 16th. I'M STOKED! I'm pretty excited about the change of scenery, getting to see some new faces, and working towards my professional degree so that I can eventually get my career underway. MCG was definitely my first choice, so I'm pretty damn proud of myself. It seems like the only thing that I really have going for me at all times are my academic endeavors, so I'm not scared to step out of my modest habits to brag a little. YAY ME!

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder..." So Saturday morning at around 4:15 am (I was actually still awake from a night of drinking, haha!) my younger brother rolled out of Perry with his own car insurance policy, the car registered in his name, his own health insurance, and all of his bills independent from my parents. He's headed to his first assignment at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas (yeah, how ridiculous of an assignment is that?!?!) I'm.......well, kind of jealous. Not just because he's going to Vegas, but because he has the resources to be financial independent from my parents whereas I'm filling out financial aid stuff and still claiming myself as their dependent. I can only dream for the day that I don't have to feel guilty for my parents having to support me, and I know that they are willing to do it, but I wish I didn't have to be their burden. I am, however, incredibly proud of my brother, and if you guys get a chance, say a quick prayer for him. He's nervous as hell as I'm sure we can all relate to. He's going to a place on the other side of the country where he will know no one and have to fend for himself. And he's only 19. He'll be fine, but a little prayer wouldn't hurt. Thanks guys! :)

"What hurts the most is being so close..." I am formally declaring this spring "Break Up Season." Why? Because most of my friends are seniors in college and inevitably preparing to face the real world which, for some reason, makes them feel pressured to either get engaged/married to their significant others, or to just call it quits as they deny the maturing that they will ultimately be forced to do. IT'S CRAZY! I've secretly been glad that I'm single the past couple of weeks, because unfortunately, most kids are choosing the ladder which has me consoling numerous broken hearts. Personally, I don't see why there has to be a decision to make, and it saddens me that so many people are opting to throw in the towel. I do know, however, that if it was meant to be, then it would've happened, so maybe it's all for the best....

"Make new friends but keep the old..." So, I got back in touch with an old friend from the past, and we've been in the process of catching up on life from the past 10 or so years. Ryan and I went to elementary school and daycare together back in the day, and we were pretty inseparable. I was his best friend because I was the best at kickball, and he was my best friend because in my 8-year-old little heart, I wanted to marry him. Ah, good times....he moved to Warner Robins when I was about 12, and we lost touch although our mothers would run into each other on the base, so I got occasional updates. I am so glad to have him back in my life, and I had breakfast with him in Atlanta a couple weekends ago on the way to pick my bro up from the airport, and it's just been fun to reminisce about old times. It's just funny to me how some people will always and forever keep a special place in your heart. Ryan's an awesome guy, and I'm just happy that we found each other again! :)

"We're adults. When did that happen, and how do we make it stop?" I've been feeling pretty old lately and I've been coming up with reasons that I feel this way. Here's my list so far:
You know you're getting old when...
1. Staying home in your PJ's and watching Sex and the City reruns or movies is much more appealing than going out.
2. When you do go out, your drunk food gives you more problems in the morning than the hangover you got from being drunk.
3. Walking through Firehouse in downtown Athens is like walking through your past, and you can't help but think about how stupid you used to be.
4. You recieve furniture for your birthday and cards with no money in it.
5. Working out at maximum intensity leaves you crippled the next day.
6. You just can't do somersaults like you used to.
7. You realize that too much cleaveage isn't going to get you much respect.
8. You see 18 year olds downtown and comment on their lack of clothing.
9. Wearing button-up shirts as opposed to tube tops downtown is ok.
10. You go to bars where you don't have to be around too many people and you can just sit and chill. You might not even stay until last call.
11. Going out two nights in a row is a standing record.
12. You start building your professional wardrobe.
13. You have get togethers where you work on your resumes.
14. You let some of your piercings heal so that you look professional.

I could probably go on some more, but these are the major ones. I am, however, grateful for the fact that with as stupid as I was a mere 1-2 years ago, we had one helluva time and I have some great experiences that I hope I can keep concealed from my kids in the future! :)

"if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous..." Don't know why, but the confidence has been soaring and I've been pretty happy with myself lately. It hasn't gotten me anything (yet) but it's been an awesome feeling. I don't think I'm really looking for anything right now anyway. I'm content with just me, and I'm looking forward to the future. I think where I am right now is a great place to be. :) And that's pretty awesome....

Ok, so I think that's all the episodes I've had lately. Enjoy the update, and take care! Love you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home