Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Road Trip

So for those of you that don't know, I went on a little road trip by myself (because I can....I've graduated which means no classes for me! Sorry I have to rub that in while I can. You can all get me back when I'm in grad school working my ass off.) I left Friday night from Athens and spent the night in Perry with Staisha. We hung out with Daniel to say farewell before he heads over to Qatar with the Air Force. It was bittersweet, but I know that he'll be ok. He's in one of the safe zones which has shopping malls, pools, and gyms. Yes, the Air Force is definitely the civilian man's military....

road trip 019

Then after a divine breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Staisha, I headed down to Tallahassee to see Billy. And, no, I'm still not disclosing any information about how that's going. I think I'm superstitious or something, but I'll just say that we had a good time and leave it at that. Staisha helped me realize that by choosing not to talk about "it" (whatever "it" is....sounds like the eBay commercial, huh? haha) I'm actually preventing myself from fabricating some sort of fairytale of what could be which has the potential of being very damaging if things don't work out. I honestly don't see a let down in the near future, but what do I know? Either way, I'm choosing to stay in reality. It's my safe zone.

Then Monday, I drove down to Melbourne, Florida to hang out with my sister-in-law who was there for a conference. We went to the beach, drank Coronas with some Air Force boys, and had a good ole time. I succeeded in giving Mischa my southern accent, scaring the shit out of her with my mad driving skills, and giving her an ab workout by making her laugh her ass off at me (I'm an idiot, what's new?) Ah, good times....

road trip 029

So while spending my time on the beach, namely on Tuesday when I went to Cocoa Beach by myself while Mischa was sitting through meetings for work, I really noticed how many couples were on the beach. While the beach has always been a romantic place in my book, I never really thought about what makes it so romantic. I mean, sea gulls screeching in your ear and threatening to shit all over you as you struggle to get the sand out from between your toes isn't really my idea of romantic, but there's just something about looking out at the endless horizon that just takes your breath away. It's like people go there with the most special person in the world to them, and they don't feel small. They have a love that is as vast and endless as the rolling waves and they are able to find serenity in looking at their match. It's almost a way of translating love into a quantity, and being able to see how big their love is allows them to rest in the moment and relax in each other's arms. It's quite incredible. And there's nothing that can take that moment away. Not even the sea gulls.

road trip 025

I hope that I'm able to experience that with someone special some day. I'm sure we all do.

Well, that's my sappy reflection on that. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up on the goings ons. Hope you guys enjoyed your long weekend! I love y'all!

"Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean."

1 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM , Blogger Staisha said...

    Where's the picture of drunk stacy crawling on the pool table? We should share THAT one w/ the world! hahaha, j/j ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home