Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Monday, May 15, 2006

Night Owl

Yep, it's approximately 11:45 pm, and even though I've been dead to the world since I got back from orientation, my energy has decided that it wants to peak like it always does around this time of night. It doesn't matter how exhausted I am, between 11:30 and midnight, I start bouncing off the damn walls! It's kind of annoying because there's not much you can do at this time of night to expend excess energy. I always wish I could go running, but I know many, many people who would not be happy with me if I did so because of the potential dangers, so instead I write....

Orientation went well today in spite of the fact that I haven't built up the endurance to maintain my attention span for longer than 10 minutes, thus explaining the exhaustion I experienced upon arriving home. I don't think this exhaustion is going to dissipate anytime soon, thanks to MCG's student expectations which requires for us to achieve "mastery" status for every single concept we learn. This basically means that I'll be required to earn a "B" or better on each assignment given to us. This means no fuck ups. I'm allowed to make C's in my non-DPT classes, but I still must maintain a 3.0 GPA which shouldn't be too difficult considering that I was required to do that in undergrad to keep HOPE. I know I can do it. Today's presentation of student expectations didn't really scare me, but I know it's going to be a lot of hard work in order to do it. I might even have to read the books that they force me to purchase. But first, I better work on the longevity of my attention span, or I'm never going to get anywhere!

This past weekend, I made the trek back to Perry for a couple of days. I hadn't been home since February, so it was a nice little retreat. I hung out with Amy Harris, ran into Anne Adams, and I drank beer at the high school with Kit, Jojo, and Jud. Good times in P-town (surprisingly). Maybe if I stay away as long as possible, then the trek back won't be so painful. Which reminds me - since Jamie Wood invited everyone and their mother to her wedding, I've decided that we should have a little throw-down afterwards so that everyone can hang out! I'm thinking of the Tavery, but we'll see! The wedding is June 24th, so if you're planning on going, you definitely have to get drunk with us after the reception! More good times in P-town!

Alright, I have school tomorrow, and my eyelids are heavy in spite of the fact that my energy levels haven't quite dwindled, but I'm going to attempt sleep anyway. Love y'all!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home