Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ice cream and pickles....

....is my current snack of choice, and, no, I'm not pregnant. That's just what happens when you're about to move and are trying to clean out your refrigerator to avoid wasting food. There are, after all, starving kids in China...

My blog has been sucking it up lately. No comments on the past three blogs = sad times. Kit says that it's because I need shorter paragraphs and happier subjects. History shows that my best writing comes out when I'm depressed, thus explaining why most of my blogs reflect my mood. What can I say? When something exciting happens, I'd rather go celebrate (aka drink Corona) than sit down and write a blog. But I guess I'll work on that. As for the short paragraphs......well, you all know that I'm a flowery writer, thus explaining the extensive babble. But, if shorter paragraphs will convince more people like Jonathan to read my blog, then I'll give it a shot. So, I will now stop babbling....

(new paragraph)

I'm pretty sad about moving. In fact, I'm not going to talk about it because everytime I start thinking about it, the tears threaten to come flooding down. So, in a beat of optimism, my good friend Paige who currently lives in Augusta was recently accepted into MCG's respiratory therapy program (selected as one of 9 out of 62 applicants....wha-what!) and she'll be in the same building as me at MCG. I think that's God's way of taking care of me....it's gonna be ok! (yay, happiness!)

Vegas was pretty amazing, and I had an oober good time with my bro! He's truly amazing! I found out that he is scheduled to go to Iraq in May 2007 (assuming that we are still in conflict). I can't say that I'm nervous about this because I've just never been one to freak out about stuff like this, but I still asked Willie how he felt about it, and his answer was more admirable than I would've imagined it to be. He said, "ya know what people don't understand about those of us who are joining the military right now in a time of conflict? They don't realize that we were once the little boys who played with our GI Joes with dreams of becoming a soldier one day. Sure, anybody could easily enlist in the military during a time of peace, but we are the ones who signed up knowing that we could be put in the middle of the conflict, and as scary as it is, we want to go over there because we'll finally be able to live out our dream. I don't understand why there are Americans out there who want to take that away from us." Whoa! Feed off that you liberal ass pieces of shit! I think that instead of wanting to bring the troops home, the liberals and anybody else in our country that's against the war should just shut the hell up and go bury their heads in the sand because they just don't understand what it's like to have the courage enough to fight for America, thus giving them no reason to hang their heads high. I don't know about y'all, but my heroes wear camouflauge!

Oops, that was a long paragraph. Forgive me.....but yeah, Vegas was a blast. And Dean, I want you to know that I ate at In-N-Out, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, and Bob's Big Boy. :) (aren't I a brat?!)

Ok, that's enough for now. I love y'all! And if anyone is looking at an incredibly boring Saturday with nothing to do, you are MORE THAN WELCOME to come help me move (hint-hint-wink-wink-nudge-nudge!) :)

Until next time....

"wine me, booze me, sex me"
~Kit trying to get in with the Grey's Anatomy lingo. And he's convinced that it'll work better than "Pick me, choose me, love me." haha


2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM , Blogger Staisha said...

    Hello darling! You need to quit freaking out about augusta because you're going to love it there! I'm going to love you being there!!! I'm visiting you often, don't worry! miss you!

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Stac, all I can say is I love you and you are a Gray through and through! What William told you echos the thoughts of so many that I have talked too in the military now. Keep your chin up, you are going to love agusta as much as you do athens, it will just take time. And remember, we are only a phone call away.
    wuv yuz

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home