Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Finals (and all that they entail)

Finals. What can you really say? Being the last finals week that I will experience in my undergraduate career, I've come to know that students handle finals in one of two ways:

1) They set up camp at the SLC/library where they stay up for the entire week, overindulging on Jittery Joe's "crackacinnos" (yes, it's a real drink consisting of FOUR shots of espresso) and cramming insane amounts of information into their heads until their brains are fried and they can't think straight in hopes that they'll be able to regurgitate information accurately enough to maintain their A averages.

OR

2) They have way too much time on their hands due to not having to regularly attend class, thus allowing them to spend HOURS facebooking people (I was facebooked 9 times today), watching movies/TV, chatting on instant messenger, and basically doing everything BUT studying because they don't think the drive towards insanity is worth earning an A when having a B average earns you the same piece of paper.

Needless to say, I fall into the second category. I have a presentation in 6 hours, and I'm so restless from being bored that I'm up blogging. Ok, maybe it's because presentations don't scare me. I'm pretty good at getting up in front of people and talking out of my ass. It's a talent that might possibly be genetic, but either way, I'm not too worried. And yes, I have tests that I could be studying for, but being the math wizard I am and having already calculated the grades that I must earn to make the grades I want in my classes, my motivation level is waaaaaaaaay down (I have to make a 50, 66, and an 80 to get the grades I want....I could probably do that right now!) So yeah, count me out. I'm not the good student this week. It's simply not worth it.

In fact, I'm more stressed out about graduation. Ah, another get-together with members of both sides of my family. That always equals disaster, and my mother has already thrown her selfishness in my face and given me the silent treatment. Awesome. And of course Daddy won't be there which adds to the joy of this milestone event. Maybe I can just sleep through it, but at the rate I'm going, I probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep. So, maybe we can resort to the back-up plan: liquor. After all, it's been the grand finale of every finals week so far. We wouldn't want to break tradition now would we?

Well, that's enough rambling for now. Hope everyone does well on their finals. I'll be praying for ya!

'Night guys...


1 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM , Blogger R.D.G. said...

    "I'm pretty good at getting up in front of people and talking out of my ass. It's a talent that might possibly be genetic,"

    I think I've just been called a smart ass.

    Hmmm, Interesting.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home