Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Monday, October 17, 2005

Perrydise

I know I know. I've been a bad blogger. What can I say? Life happens.

So I spent last weekend in the grand metropolis of Perry. That was interesting. I hadn't been home in a while, and needless to say, things were different. Actually, things weren't that different. Perry is Perry and it will never change. I was different. And for the first time ever, I was able to see how much I have changed in the last couple of months.

One thing that was different was that William wasn't there. The dynamics at home were different, almost unbalanced. My parents have gotten used to not having kids around, so I almost felt like my presence was a nuisance to them because I was breaking their routine. That wasn't a pleasant feeling. And usually William serves as the Peanut gallery making smart ass comments and adding humor to everything. I sure missed that. I almost felt uncomfortable in my own house, and needless to say, I was ready to come back to Athens. I don't think I'll be going back for a long time.

Another thing that has changed is my mother's role in my life. She's the only parent I have left. I haven't ever really had a good relationship with my mother. We don't understand each other, we don't show love in the same way, and we certainly don't share any emotional bond. It's weird. Our love is understood rather than spoken. I want so much more out of her so badly, especially now that Daddy's not here. The thing I realized however, is that while her role in my life has been elevated, to her, I'm the same as I always was. So as much as I yearn for us to grow closer, it's never going to happen. I guess you can say I was a little heartbroken by that realization. And it made me miss Daddy more. I miss how I could never leave the room without him wanting to give me a hug. I miss how he never let me go to sleep without saying that he loved me. I never hear those three words except when I talk to my brothers, my niece, or my sister-in-law. It's so uplifting.....I know a lot of people don't understand that, but trust me, when you never hear it, it makes your heart tremble when you do.

So yeah, that was kind of depressing. But in other news, I kicked the GRE's ass and am golden for getting into MCG (at least I hope so....somebody please knock on some wood for me). The minimum requirement is 400 on each section with a minimum combined score of 1000. I raised my verbal score up 140 points which gives me a 500 on verbal, 710 on math, and a combined score of 1210. I think I'm being a bit ostentatious, but I really didn't know if I could pull up my score and I was honestly saving up more money to take it a third time. I am pretty proud of myself.

Not much else to report. Boys still suck, but I'm beginning to think that's my fault. More on that later when I get my thoughts together. I'm sure you'll be looking forward to that. Everybody wants to hear me bitch about relationships some more, right?

So yeah, not the best blog in the world (sorry Chance) but at least everybody who likes to keep up with me has an update. Take care you guys, and I love you!

Until next time...

"Lord, teach us again how to laugh, but never, ever let us forget why we cried."

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Staisha said...

    ha, i get to "experience perry" this weekend...congrats on your GRE! I wanted to ask you about it last night when we were talking but I didn't want to bring up something that you might not want to talk about...but, you definitely have bragging rights! I'm kinda upset you didn't tell me!

    And i have to admit, listening to my ipod works like a charm when I'm running...It makes me run further and I'm guessing it's because I'm not listening to myself breathe...I dunno...I'm glad that I'm doing it, either way.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home