Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Sunday, September 11, 2005

William...

I know, I know....I've been a bad blogger which is very unlike me. Actually, I attempted to write on Friday, but blogger.com conveniently decided to perform system maintenance two minutes before I was done, so I lost it. I honestly thought no one even noticed due to the lack of responses I've been getting lately, but I ran into Chance Jones at "The Arch" (the bar, not the actual UGA arches) on Friday night and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Stacy you need to blog" and it made me feel good that someone noticed. I have to give my fan(s?) what they want, right? (There you go Chance...I've fulfilled your lifelong dream by mentioning you in my blog....don't you feel special?) :) I'll try to keep up a little better...

So yeah, the low blog activity is due to lack of excitement and lack of time. I had a couple of writing ideas regarding Hurricane Katrina, but if you're like me, you're probably sick of hearing and thinking about it. That's not to say that I'm disregarding how horrible it is, and my heart and prayers go out to all the victims that are suffering from the aftermath, but every media outlet is absolutely saturated with stories about the hurricane which has ultimately taxed all my emotions regarding the event, so I'm choosing to leave well enough alone. Besides, I've probably exceeded my limit of depressing blogs after this summer, so all I'm going to say is that God has a unique way of reminding people who is boss. My only hope is that people will remember to turn to Him as they search for answers and guidance because only He can truly know what they need.

In other news...my younger brother, William, graduated from Air Force basic training last Friday, so after 6 and a half weeks, I was FINALLY able to talk to him. I'm so incredibly proud of the person that he has become. He said to me, "Stacy, this whole process really took its toll and changed me. I sat down and contemplated things like I never had before. I was forced to understand life and I know now that the little things really are the most important. Being able to talk to you has made me the happiest that I have been in 6 and half weeks. I love you so much!" Yeah, I was balling (I swear, I'm such a sap these days.) This is the kid I had to sit down and make cry with me at Daddy's viewing. He always builds himself up to be my fortress and brace me when I got emotional. Anytime I cried (which wasn't often until recently, I swear) the kid would be right there wiping away my tears and making me laugh until I peed my britches. It's the roll he created for himself and he takes it very seriously. Both of my brothers are like that which is great, but sometimes, I just want someone to cry with - someone to share the pain with. At Daddy's the week after he died, I couldn't get him to tell me how he felt or what was scrolling through his head because he was more worried about me. But today, for the first time ever, something broke through his testosterone and he was able to convey his emotions to me....and it was so special. I've had a lot of things taken from me, and they say that you really don't know what you had until it's gone, but this time, I got it back! Me and William have been through hell together, and there were times when he truly was the only one that understood me. Our bond has always been special; understood rather than spoken, but we both knew how important we were to each other. Today, he broke the silence first, and that has probably made me the happiest that I've been in 6 and half weeks.

Will and Stacy graduation

So there ya have it....I promise not wait 2 weeks to blog again (I have my fingers crossed here, never know what kind of mundane shit the professors will pull next to consume all your time!)

Take care you guys! Love you...


3 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:14 PM , Blogger Staisha said...

    What the hell?!?! Now we have "blog advertisements"? Anyway, I loved your blog...and I'm not going to try to sell you something afterwards. I'm glad to hear William graduated and that you got to talk to him! I miss you and I hope to see you soon!!
    And, yes, I'm a fan of your blogs too!

     
  • At 12:03 PM , Blogger CityStreams said...

    I missed you too! ~Cindy~

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home