Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Goodbye summer......HELLO FOOTBALL SEASON!

Well, here we are at the end of what could be my last summer of freedom....forever. Gotta love getting old.........

So I set out with the expectations of having a crappy summer, complete with the summertime blues and excessive alcohol consumption to drown my sorrows in, but I have to say that all things considered, it really wasn't too bad. We plan, God laughs, right? I had a case of sorrow way worse than the summertime blues placed on my lap, and it needed a much more constructive remedy than alcohol, but it's ok. I feel like I really found the person that I want to be, and while I didn't think my priorities were too skewed before, they are right where they need to be now. I've found the peace of the Lord and am still extremely excited in my newfound faith. I'm a little disappointed that I'm so far behind the people who have been strong in their convictions all their life, but it feels good to be sharing the road with them. I can't wait to see all the blessings God still has in store for me. There are so many great things to come!

So the GRE...yeah we won't talk about it. I mean it when I say that by the way. All I'll say is that apparently only half my brain works, and while I did well collectively (1070), I still have to kick the verbal part's ass, so I'll get back to you when that happens....

So am I excited about school? Let's just say that "excited" probably isn't the best word to use here. I'm ready to be back in the routine of things. I don't mind all of the free time although I've had some really boring moments, and while I'll miss things like reading for pleasure and watching TV, I'm ready to finish up my undergraduate degree. I am, however, ECSTATIC about football season! That's probably the best part about starting fall semester. I don't know what this football season holds for my beloved Bulldogs, but we're going out with a bang either way! So be ready!

Well, guess that's all I can blab about for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their last day of summer! I'll see you guys later!

"Everybody has their day in the sun, some just last longer than others..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home