Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Sunday, August 14, 2005

yay pictures!

So I thought I'd post some pics from our trip. Hope you enjoy them! All these pics are from Dirty Ktrain....thanks girl!

Ok, one of the things that we did was go on a "Sex and the City" tour which was one of our most favorite parts of the trip. I know it's really girly, but what do you expect? Nicki owns every season, everyone but me has seen every episode, and I happen to know for a fact that most of you guys love the show because it's like being a fly on the wall during girls night out, so quit rolling your eyes. :) The tour was really good and the actress that was our tour guide did a good job of reflecting all of the dynamics played by the girls on the show, so of course we ate it all up. We went to the sex shop where Miranda bought her $92 bunny, we ate cupcakes from "The Magnolia Bakery" around the corner from Carrie's apartment, we saw a lot of the locations where scenes were shot, and we drank cosmos at Aiden and Steve's bar. It was a great time!

Carrie's Stoop
From left to right, this is Nicki, me, Kristen and Melissa in front of the Carrie's stoop.

Drinkin' Cosmos
Here we are drinking cosmos....aren't we just fabulous??

Of course, we did all of the touristy stuff while we there including Times Square which was just a couple blocks from our hotel, the Empire State Building, and we went on a Harbor Tour where we rode right by the Statue of Liberty.

Times Square
Stopping through Times Square on our night out on the town.

ESB
At the top of the Empire State Building with all of my little people. Melissa is really happy to be there, and the "G" on Nicki's hat stands for gorgeous. (What "G"? hehe)

harbor tour
On the boat before the Harbor Tour sporting our mega-cheap sunglasses (the bigger the better!)

Statue of Liberty
Me and Ktrain (KT, Kristen) with the Statue of Liberty behind us. Also note the crazy tourist in the black tank top who probably took 3 roles of film of the damn statue. We tried our best to blend in....

The food in NY was absolutely amazing. The pizza was to die for, we ate a late dinner at this crazy Mexican place called "Tortilla Flatts" which was fabulous and really fun because by the time we got there, everybody was already in a drunken stupor and having a great time playing Bingo for Tequila shots. We also ate at this place called "Tao" which has great Oriental food. This restaurant was featured on "Sex and the City" and was fairly pretentious but the prices were surprisingly decent, especially considering that a lot of celebrities are spotted dining there. The cool thing was that the restaurant is really just an old warehouse. It was really dark inside so you couldn't really tell, and the only light in the restaurant came from a few sconces on the walls and from candles that were scattered everywhere. It would be a perfect place to go on a date (should I ever get to go to NY with a boy someday, haha!) The coolest part of the restaurant was the huge, 14 foot Buddha statue that they actually had to airlift with a helicopter into the warehouse. He was pretty cool.


Tao buddha
It's kinda dark but you get the idea.

We got a couple shots of Ground Zero which looks more like a construction site, but I still wanted to share. I actually went to Ground Zero with my Dad the summer after the attacks, so it was interesting to the see the progress that they've made. Two days after I visited in 2002, they took down the last beam and removed the last beam, so needless to say, they done a lot more since. They have also taken down a lot of the tributes people had left on the fences within the vicinity of Ground Zero, but we went to a church, St. Paul's I believe, where they had some replicas of the thousands of letters, flowers, tshirts, posters, cards, American flags, etc. that were left in memory of loved ones. They are going to start with the building of the Freedom Tower and the reflection pools soon which I think will be really cool. This was definitely one of my favorite parts of the trip.

ground zero 1
ground zero 2
It's not much to look at, but at the same time, remembering all of the tragic events that took place is pretty painful. There is a huge hole in the south Manhattan skyline which is symbolic of the huge hole left in the hearts of millions of Americans that day. It's something we should never, ever forget.

To go along with the Ground Zero pics, we went to Madame Tussand's House of Wax where they have wax figures of famous people that you can take pictures with. We had a blast! They were freakishly lifelike and I honestly got butterflies in my stomach when I looked into Brad Pitt's eyes. I've also determined that I'm taller than most female celebrities, and have bigger boobs. Whatever, haha.

Firefighters at the wax museum
We all thought this one was really cool. I got goosebumps when I first saw it.

Stacy with Helen Keller
And for your amusement (fancy that...the joke's on me, haha!) here I am doing sign language behind Helen Keller. If you don't understand why this is hilarious, don't worry about it... ;)

Well, that's pretty much the gist of our trip. We had a great time! I better get back to studying for the GRE so that I'll do well on it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Until next time......love you guys! ::muah::

1 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger CityStreams said...

    Stacy~ What a fabulous trip! That sounds like so much fun. Did you go to Grey's Papaya? I hope you don't mind- I put a link from my blog to yours so I can find you faster. I've been reading up on you here since I found you on facebook. I can always take it off if you want me to, but I've really enjoyed hearing about your life again. Anywho ~give us a ring when you're in augusta. lotsa love,
    ~Cindy~
    www.citystreams.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home