Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Monday, August 22, 2005

quick news brief...

Ok, so I have a moment and thought I would update you guys on the going-ons.....

Of course school started. I don't love my schedule because I don't love school. It is what it is...you just go through the motions and hope that you'll do well. I already have a severe case of senioritis and am still kinda disappointed that my last semester (and my last football season) are going to be somewhat grueling, but I'll survive. Hopefully anyway....

I have had a harder time adjusting this semester. I think it's because this summer I had lots of much needed "Stacy" time which I'm ultimately having to give up to focus on school. The transition from being selfish to being selfless isn't going to be easy, but as with anything, time will allow the dust to settle and eventually, I'll be able to see clearly again. I just need to get back into the daily grind. I still have a lot on my mind though which makes it hard to focus. My thoughts drift back to Daddy a lot and while I've done a lot better, I don't know if there's ever really going to be an end to the grieving process. I mean, is there ever going to be a time where it's not going to suck? Probably not. I really hate psychology and didn't want to get in the technicalities of how the grieving process really works, but I'm starting to believe that all you can do is merely reach a level of functionability, but you never really get over it. I'm heartbroken in a nontraditional sense. People can get over ex's with time. That doesn't mean you ever forget them. I'm sure that with most of you, your past relationships served as vital learning experiences that shaped who you are, but you at least reach a point where you don't think about them everyday. Relationships are replaceable, thus making your ex's more dispensable. You can't do that with your Daddy though. You only have one, and he's irreplaceable. Therefore, the hole in my heart will never be filled again. But that's ok, and even though I've realized that I'll probably never get over him, his absense in my life isn't going to hinder my ability to optimize my happiness. It's just gonna suck sometimes. And it sucks now, and that makes it harder, but since when has my life ever been easy? My revelation has helped me understand that I need to stop looking for the solution and move forward anyway. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

It's time to finish the drill! It's time to make Daddy proud.....

Hope everyone else's semester is going well. Love you guys!

"I know that God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle, but sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much..." --Mother Theresa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home