Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Sunday, October 30, 2005

At the end of the day, I can thank God that I'm not a Gator Fan...

In the spirit of optimism, I'm not going to talk about how much it sucks that we lost to the stupid Gators. Instead, I'm going to talk about what made this weekend awesome, and that, of course, was being with friends, getting away from the daily grind that consumes every ounce of my time, and not having to think about all the emotions that have been weighing me down lately.

As much as I love SEC football, I really, really hate the asshole fans who think that they have the right to spout off at me because I adorn the colors of the opposing team. With my roommates and I being the little balls of fire that we are, we of course had to dish out our own shit-talk and put a couple of ignorant, jean-shorts wearing, mullet sporting Florida fans in their place. And yes, my roommate did hit a 70-year-old man in the face with her pom-pom, but it was only because he tried to run her over in his Excursion and called her a "dumb bitch"...whatever. He was just another ignorant asshole who afterwards almost ran over an elderly couple, all slouched over with a cane and everything, trying to cross the parking lot wearing the same colors that he was. What a prick! Anywho, this is not going to be what I remember from this weekend. In spite of it all, we had a blast! I love my friends. I hung out with some people that I've known ever since I've lived in this state, and I hung out with my good ole roomies whom I think the absolute world of, and it made my last trip to Jax all that I could ever hope for it to be. We threw down at the Landing, fended off a couple of 40 year old men too drunk to really know what they were doing, sang at the top of our lungs, cheered until we were hoarse for our team, froze our asses off at the game, ate, drank, and were merry, and went home at the end of the day still thankful to be bleeding red and black. It was nice to have people that I could laugh with, and, unfortunately, hang my head with as our National Title hopes were destroyed by a few missed field goals and some bad calls by our conservative coach (seriously, why would you have the QB run the option on 3rd and 11?) But for a good two hours last night, I was able to forget all that and eat some great country cookin' and indulge in the companionship of my wonderful friends. As much as I LOVE UGA football, it's always important to remember that there are much more important things in life that we should be thankful for. So, in Bulldog spirit, I just wanted to say thanks to everybody that made this weekend memorable. You know who you are... :)

Until next time....take care and Go Dawgs....we aren't finished yet! Love you guys...


DSCN0115
Missy (and some random Georgia fan) posing with the mullet/jean shorts counter....brilliant!

DSCN0120
Kristen, Jojo, Me, Kit, and Melissa tailgating before the game :)

DSCN0123
My P-town boys (and Tim)...thanks for letting us hang out with you guys and for taking care of us...y'all are the best! :)

GA-FL 003
Freezing with my cohort in danger! I love you both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home