Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

She's just not that into you either....

After the release of "He's Just Not That Into You" by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo, guys were probably breathing sighs of relief to know that a "Dating Bible" had finally been published to alleviate the psychosis that tended to plague most girls in their quest to find true love. If unfamiliar with the aforementioned title, please reference my earlier blog ("This One's for the Girls..." archived in May 2005) to understand the lessons learned from those pages of wisdom.

That said, it is very important to remind ourselves that we live in 21st Century. Male domination doesn't exist in our culture as life has become a two way street. What does this mean? Oh that's right....she's just not that into you either.

Someone has actually written a book on this topic, but I haven't really taken the time to read it nor do I really care to waste my time. I am proud to say that I have enough strength to not waste my time on relationships that aren't worth the inevitable heartbreak. In the midst of my singleness, I hate to report that I, too, have been the heartbreaker, and it really sucks. But I'm not going to change my convictions about friendship being the most important element in my life....well, at least not until I find someone that I'm really "into."

Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to be anytime soon.

I've been reading the book my Dad gave me ("Your Best Life Now" by Joel Osteen). It's been a really great guide in how to change my attitude that was already in the midst of evolving due to my Dad's death. I'm happy to report that I've restored the optimism that was lost in the dark hours of the last two years of being single and hating it. I've established dreams, revamped my standards, and have regained the faith that was swallowed by all my doubts. I also realized that my Dad was absolutely right....I'm not ready to lose my freedom retained from being single. That's why I've been fighting battles with God, trying to understand his plan when really, it was only my job to have faith. "God works by faith. You must believe first, and then you'll receive. Maybe you've been waiting on God to make a move, but God is waiting on you to stretch your faith." I've stretched my faith, but I can't force myself to believe in a relationship that I thought I wanted. Only that will be changed on God's time. So for now, He is my fulfillment and my peace. When He gives me the cue, I will believe in the ultimate thing that I've sought after for years, and as promised by the Bible, He'll give me the desires of my heart. It's just not time right now.

So what do I believe? I believe that God is finished testing me, not because I've finally achieved the strength He thinks I should have, but because I've finally passed with flying colors. He's succeeded in guiding me towards His peace, and I will reside in the midst of that solitude for a while. There's just too many other things that I need to focus on right now. I graduate in December, I have a semester of working my ass off to save money for grad school, and then PT school is going to be grueling enough, thus not allowing much time for any kind of distractions. Then I hope to move to Chicago with hopes of convincing William to follow suit so that we can be closer to Dean. I'm so tired of missing my family, and I really hope that we can close up some of these gaps in the future. Maybe once I've settled down, God will reveal the guy that He's been training for me.

But I could totally be wrong. After all, God is the one with the pen in His hand. Not I. He's the only one that knows how my story will end.

But for now, my beliefs and my dreams have to be congruent, and I can't continue to live in denial about what I think I want and need. The lonely nights where I yearn for male companionship don't contain enough permanence to reveal any sort of desire for a relationship. That will just have to come in time, and I believe it'll be worth the wait. A relationship not ordained by God is nothing but a waste of time, and time is too precious to be spent on stupid boys. That's why I choose to keep most of them as friends. ;)

So yeah, that's where I'm at. I've found my peace and am 100% content with being single. And I don't even have to say that through clenched teeth.

Thanks for your attention......I love you guys!

"You may not understand everything you are going through right now, but hold your head up high, knowing that God is in control and He has a great plan and purpose for your life."
--J. Osteen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home