Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ok, so it's definitely time for a walk on the lighter side, eh? I'm sorry my posts have been so emotional, but it's been a great outlet for all my grief, and I really appreciate all the feedback. I love you guys and can't express how much all of your support has meant in the last month and a half. Thanks for the awesomeness.

So I have a tendency to steal other people's phrases and sayings when I think that they are really funny or clever. It's probably really annoying, but I don't think I care. So, last time I was hanging out with my brother, we went to Burger King and while walking in, I tripped over NOTHING (yeah, just call me Grace, haha) and he started laughing and was like, "wow Stace, you suck at walking, haha" (ok, so I'm a bad storyteller, and you'd have to know William to know why everything he says is hilarious...I really can't explain it, sorry.) Anywho, so that's been my new phrase and I've realized that there are a lot of things I suck at. I tried having this conversation with Nicki, and she just laughs at me, so I thought I'd make a list of all the things that I suck at just to amuse you guys because I like to think that I'm funny sometimes, although I'm not sure if I actually am. Either way, here's my list:

THINGS I SUCK AT
BY: STACY R. GRAY

1. I suck at walking...I've already pained you with this story, so I'll save you from hearing it a second time.

2. I suck at hot things. This mostly consists of irons, ovens, food, and drinks. This is not to say that I'm not domestic...I like to think that I'm a damn good cook and can make my clothes look very crisp, but there is bound to be an injury along the way. I have scars to prove it. I'm also too impatient to wait for food or drinks to cool down, so yeah........I'm like the guy off "Anchorman" who takes a sip of his coffee and then calmly says, "I just burned my tongue." hehe...

3. I suck at fish. If you have a deep hatred for your fish, then call me to be your fish-sitter when you're on vacation. There's about a 110% chance that I will kill it. Lucky for me, goldfish cost all of 50 cents, but please, don't stay gone too long because there's no telling how many fish I'd be able to kill by the time you finally returned. Wow, that's just sad...

4. I suck at plants. Like the fish thing, there's a fat chance in hell I'm going to be able to care for a plant. Sorry folks, guess my thumb is black. I'd kill an air fern should one ever come in my possession. My stepmom gave me an aloe plant last summer, and you only have to water the damn thing once a week, but I still killed it!

5. I suck at shutting Nicki's car door. I always have to get her to unlock the doors so I can get it right the second time. And then before the Peachtree Roadrace, I slammed it into my leg and gave myself a huge bruise because I was trying to shut it all the way the first time. I think Nicki's car just hates me.

6. I suck at being on time. I don't think I've been on time to a single thing all summer long. Fortunately, nobody seems to care, so why should I? We'll address this issue come fall semester...

7. I suck at going to bed. I have been a night own since I was 5 years old (I used to tell my Grandma I was scared of the dark so that she would leave the light on just so that I could play with my toys all night long. I pulled my first all nighter when I was only 7, haha!) Guess I just wasn't meant to be the early to bed, early to rise person. This will suck once I start working that 8-5, but that's a long ways off, so no worries yet.

8. I suck at mornings. My roomies can definitely vouch for me here. I try so hard, I really do. It's just so easy to hit the snooze button. And it usually takes about an hour for me to function at 100%. Perhaps this is why I always burn my tongue on my coffee....

9. I suck at eating. There's definitely a reason my dogs always sit under my chair during dinner. They know which one of us is going to spill crumbs everywhere and make a mess....it's this girl!

10. Lastly, I suck at sitting. My posture sucks, and every physical therapist at my internship will not let me forget it. Oh well.

So yeah, should I ever be in an interview and they ask me what my weaknesses are, I'll have them reference my blog. Totally kidding. This could possibly be the dumbest blog I've ever written, but that's ok. Even if I've only amused myself, a little humor never hurt anybody.

Take care guys, and keep smiling! I love y'all!

"The best blush to use is laughter: It put roses in your cheeks and in your soul."
--Linda Knight

1 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM , Blogger Ludakit said...

    It's cool. You don't suck, you're just "challenged" in a different way than everyone else.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home