Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Our brightest blazes of gladness are often kindled by unexpected sparks...

About a year and a half ago, I got a tattoo of an anchor inferior and medial to my anterior superior iliac spine (can you tell that I'm in PT school? haha...) Most of you know the significance of the anchor (no, I'm not a Popeye fan) because most of you knew Randy. I got the tattoo to remind me of three things: 1) how great of a person Randy was in that he loved everybody unconditionally, exuded a childlike happiness that we can only dream of being able to have, and always succeeded in making people smile; 2) the importance of drinking responsibly in order to not cause harm to yourself or others, and 3) to create a standard for future prospects of guys I dated. Randy and I had a great relationship and we had so much fun together. As with many things in life, circumstances got in the way, and the timing simply wasn't right with us, but in all of my dating escapades, I've always hoped to find someone who appreciated me to the same degree that Randy did and who didn't take life seriously enough to prevent every situation from being a good time.

Well, I think I found him.

For clarification, no, I don't believe in soulmates, and, hell no, I'm not planning my wedding. Y'all know me better than that. I've just found someone who loves to have a good time and is all about some Stacy Gray. In addition, he's in PT school with me (which is good for my study habits....seriously) and he's a UGA alum so I don't have to hate him during football season (let's get honest, no one likes to date the enemy). So, my grades are good, I have a tailgating spot for next year, and I get to force him to hang out with me all the time so I'm never lonely! Life is good!

It's so funny to look back at all my dating experiences in the past three years and compare them to how easy this relationship has been. There's no games, no doubts, optimism is flying high, and I definitely spend my nights wondering WHEN I'm going to see him next versus IF I'm going to see him at all. It's.....well, nice. I couldn't ask for more. My roommates were right....my siblings were right.,,,my friends were right....EVERYBODY was right....there really was someone out there that was deserving of my attention and who would treat me the way that I was supposed to be treated. So after all the tears, the boy-bashing sessions, the alcohol consumption, and the prayers, I'm exactly where I want to be, and it feels great!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it does pay to wait on God's timing. It was never easy, and I absolutely hated being patient, but retrospectively, I can see how everything makes sense. So for those of you out there that are still waiting, I want to encourage you to stay hopeful, keep praying, and know that YES, there is someone out there for you, and when you finally find them, you'll see how worth the wait it is. The struggle sucks, but it's so rewarding in the end. I can guarantee it!

So, that's all folks. I love y'all and really miss the heck out of ya! Give me a heads up to lemme know what's been going on!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him."
~Psalm 37:4,7

2 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM , Blogger R.D.G. said...

    "....my siblings were right.,,,"

    Imagine that! I'm right! Go figure!..

    Love Ya

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so GLAD that things are begining to bloosom for you and that you seems to be happy again.
    Love Lynne

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home