Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Greener on the other side...

I got flowers yesterday for the first time in Lord knows how long. It felt kind of nice. :) I also got into my first disagreement with the new beau, and I can tell that arguments with us are going to be few and far between, but ugly nonetheless. See, the problem is, I'm always right, and he thinks he is always right (haha ;) and both of us are too stubborn to realize otherwise. One of the great things that I learned from my years in Athens from watching my roommates' relationships (namely Kristen who is an awesome communicator) is that it's better to lose your pride to a loved one than to lose a loved one to pride. I was pretty proud of myself for dropping our stupid disagreement when I realized that neither one of us were going to budge, and hopefully I'll be able to carry that lesson with me next time as well. It's just nice to know that I actually did learn something about relationships in my 3-year spree of singleness, I just sometimes wish I was able to enjoy the singleness aspect a little more.

I remember Staisha always telling me to enjoy being single as she was going through her relationship with Doug, and until now, I never really understood why. Now the roles have reversed, and Staisha is readily seeking a new mate where I'm wanting to tell her to savor her singleness. Bottom line is that the grass truly is always greener on the otherside. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE being with Enon. We have a helluva lot of fun together, and I constantly want to spend insane amounts of time with him. I just kind of feel alienated from my single friends now. Most of it is self-imposed due to the fact that I honestly just don't even have the desire to go out as much as I used to and get crazy all the time, and I guess in a way, I miss that. Afterall, it really became a part of who I was-almost a reputation that I felt like I needed to live up to. And I know that Enon would have no problem with me doing as I pleased, even if it meant getting absolutely crazy, but the idea of staying in to watch a movie and cuddle is simply becoming more appealing. I know that I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of the relationship where spending 72 hours straight together STILL isn't enough, but I just really never imagined myself missing the freeness of being single. Go fig....

Carrie Bradshaw said in SATC, "Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone -- just as wild -- to run with." Maybe that's me, and I'm hoping that I can retain some of that wildness inside of me because I simply don't want to become THAT girl that loses all of her friends because all she does is hang out with her boyfriend. But I guess as long as I remain conscious of my actions, I can prevent that from happening. At least I hope so...

In other news, I was recently trying to convince Enon that there are ankle-biting dogs out there that are cute, and I've absolutely fallen in love with Havaneses! Here's a picture:

tiliagirl1
Isn't he absolutely precious?? If only I had money.....

So yeah, clearly I have nothing exciting to report. I just thought I'd blab to give you guys something to read. Maybe some provoking thoughts will come up soon that don't involve range of motion exercises or myotome tests, but I'm still debriefing from a rather long summer semester. I think I need a vacation....

Love you guys! Until next time....

1 Comments:

  • At 2:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You dropped it?!?! Come on....I didn't want to argue either and I don't think I am always right .... it just seems like when I recognize that you are right YOU DONT HEAR ME... ;) I love you and hate that you miss that "singleness" that you once enjoyed. I read this a couple of days ago and my heart sunk a little but I decided not to comment until now. So,I left you to be single for Sarah's birthday and from my perspective...that sucked! I slept to make the time pass. You know how much I love Sluts And The City, but I hope you realize, I am not trying to tame you, I simply love you for who you are. <---wow, comma splice much?!?!?

    PS - NO ANKLE BITERS, unless its Roxi or P.Belle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home