Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Saturday, April 23, 2005

do what you have to do.....

So, this week has been a little crazy and I didn't even have time for any constructive procrastination thus explaining why I haven't updated my blog. So for those of you disappointed to not see any updates, here it goes.......

What to talk about....well, things are going pretty good with the boy. We went out last night and had a really really good time. I'm really excited about getting to know him better, but he's so busy that I wonder if I'll ever get the chance. I've never dated a guy who hasn't been all about some Stacy, so I don't really know how to interpret what we've accomplished or predict where we're going, but for the first time in my life, I'm being patient. I had a good friend tell me that sometimes, things can't always work out on our time. Makes so much sense, probably explaining a lot of the turmoil I've had in the past due to lack of patience. I was very glad that she was honest with me because it has really changed my perception of what's going on. I'm a big fan of titles, but I've been very chill about this one, and I think it makes a big difference. I know that he's going to call when he has time and when he wants to, and the fact that he's making time for me speaks volumes. So for now, I'll just continue to see where we end up, and the mystery in it makes it even more exciting. Maybe it's just a thrill ride, but there's always so much to learn, and that's what's important.

So as I mentioned, Brian and I went out last night and we brought my roommate along with us, and in spite of nearly being raped by really gross Mexicans in Annex (yes, I know it's bad, please quit laughing), we had a really good time. For Emily, I think this is the first time in a really long time that she's ever had to be a true third wheel. Background: Emily's bf just broke up with her, and for her, this has been the first time she's ever been on the dumpee end of a break-up. It's been hard for her I know, but at the same time, I've been so proud of her. She's lucky in the respect that because this is her first time being broken up with, she's old enough to have the wisdom that some of us didn't have as pesky high schoolers. But her strength has been absolutely remarkable. Instead of waiting around to see if maybe there's a slight chance for things to work out with her ex, she's taken compliments from other guys with grace and has made a valiant effort to hang out with some of them in an attempt to take the necessary steps to move on. I know that's not what she wants to do, but she knows that her decision to do so has made all the difference. She wakes up every morning and makes the decision to be happy, and of course some days are harder than others, but her dire effort to keep her chin up is something that strikes me with envy. I used to be like that, but somewhere along the line, I stumbled into this bitterness that has marred my attempt to be happy. I haven't had a bad life, but it has been very trying. Instead of realizing the golden aspects of who I am and what I have accomplished, I have dwelled in the darkness which has been very unfortunate. It makes me mad because I wonder how much time I wasted being angry at the world? I think we all can learn a lesson from Emily, and I'm glad that I've had this revelation. I think it's time that we all drag our asses out of the pit of despair and be proactive about where we are going. We can't always control what happens, but we all have the ability to pick ourselves up when we fall. And that, ladies and gents, makes all the difference in the world.

So, it's been brought to my attention that I have excluded Mina from my acknowledgements, but really, how was I supposed to know that my blog served as entertainment for the little spare time that he has? So Mina, as promised, I want you to know that I love you for always making me feel special and for never failing to make every moment a good time. Don't worry, my liver is ready for this summer so that we can catch up on lost times. Thanks for all that you've taught me about being the best alcoholic I can be!

And there you have it........

"I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before"
-Switchfoot

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM , Blogger Staisha said...

    Glad to see things are going well with the boy! ;)
    And from what you've told me thus far, he gets my vote!

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Staisha said...

    Stupid question: what time zone are we supposed to be in on this thing b/c my posts keep showing REALLY EARLY posts! And, as much i love you stacy, I didn't post this at 7:30am...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home