Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Attack of the Ex's........and the big grey Tahoe....

Wow, what an interesting day. I really don't know where to start. I didn't do much, just sat around by the pool all day because I was at work yesterday when all my roommates were catching some sun. I hung out with an old friend which was very, very nice. I forgot how much I LOVED hanging out with her. I'm glad we were able to enjoy our day together. It just goes to show that there are some people in your life who leave deep footprints on your heart, thus making it easy to pick up where you left off when adversity causes your paths to temporarily diverge. In that respect, today was very special, and I'm glad we were able to share that time together to be reacquainted. In all seriousness, it was a blessing that I'm very thankful for.

So hanging out with Aaron was what made my day special.......here's what made my day interesting: I ran into 3 ex's. Yeah, when it rains, it pours. That quote is my life! Now, when I say ex's, I don't mean ex-boyfriends. These are more like guys I just really hung out with casually but never really had a formal date with. Although there were feelings of attraction, they were complicated by bad timing, complex feelings, lack of seriousness, **insert lame excuse here**, etc. so I was never able to establish an in-depth relationship with any of these guys but they have encompassed all the game-playing and heartache that I've experienced in the past year or so. I don't mean to bad mouth these guys at all because obviously they all have unique attributes that I found compelling, thus making it obvious as to why I have a bitter taste in my mouth. But today ladies and gentlemen, I got back my thunder. I dunno, maybe it was a combination of not eating and wearing my bikini, but today, someone had to wipe drool off the floor at the River Club pool, aisle 4 at Home Depot, and again in the Home Depot parking lot. Yeah, I sound cocky as hell which is pretty out of the ordinary for me, but, I'm pretty sure that after seeing those gawk over me, I got the last laugh, and it was AWESOME! My favorite was Travis, my eye candy from Rich's whom I caught checking me out, and when I waved at him, he was like "holy shit!" And the thunder rolls.....

So, I know I sound mean, but what can I say? It was a good day. I was in such a good mood, I didn't really even care when I watched the lady in the big, grey Tahoe backed right into little ole Pebbles (my car) and put a huge dent in her bumper. Oh well, my poor bumper has taken a beating, so I'm gonna be optimistic say, "hell yeah! I get a new bumper and don't have to pay for it!" You know it's been a good day when you can laugh at your worst setback. Plus, I got a good tan today, so I feel like I accomplished something. Go me!

So, I guess the profound message to be had from my day is that, in the end, we really are going to be happy. I mean, I've gone through a lot of heartache with my friends, and with guys, but it really is ok in the end. You will get the last laugh eventually. This is really corny, but last night, before I went out, I was trying to find some perfume to wear, but since I don't really buy perfume for myself, the only thing I found was my free sample of Clinique "Happy To Be" which is kind of an appropriate name......I know I will be happy one day. I'm just in an in-between stage right now, using an in-between perfume.......I'm pretty content, but one day, I will find the beacon of happiness I seek. We're all happy-to-be! And, right now, I'm exhausted, so I'm going to shower, and pass out. Hope y'all are having a good night! Love you!

"Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, then it's not the end."

1 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger Staisha said...

    STACY!!! I read the message you left me on my blog and I just realized how much I miss you!! I hope we plan something soon so we can see each other! It's been TOOOO LOONNNGGGG! Take care and I'm thrilled to read your optimistic postings!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home