Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Book Meme

So, a friend of mine posted this book meme, and, being the bad blogger that I've been lately, I figured that this was something I could do quickly to give all you people something to read. I was actually really impressed with myself that I was able to fill it out since I haven't really read for pleasure since I was in high school. If only I had more time.......

1. One book that changed your life: Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge - I've said it once and I'll say it again: every girl out there needs to read this book! Never in my life has my heart been explained to me so effectivey, and I was able to take a retrospective journey and so lucidly could I see the answers as to why I made some of the decisions that I did. It was truly invigorating....

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. Miller was so entertaining throughout the entire book that I didn't really stop to absorb the wisdom through the sarcasm! There are great seeds of wisdom in this book...

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The Bible (you knew it was going to fit in somewhere!) I'd want to reread the versus over and over that reminded me that God is my Rock and that He is faithful and would never foresake me! I'd also want to have it with me because it's a really long book, so if I was stranded for a prolonged period of time, I wouldn't get bored!

4. One book that made you laugh: He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt. This book allowed me to laugh at myself for how naive I was sometimes, and laugh at other girls for being stupider than I was! I loved every minute of it!

5. One book that made you cry: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I loved all 400+ pages of it! I couldn't put it down!

6. One book that you wish had been written: I wish that they would write a book explaining what goes on in the minds of a majority of 20-24 year old college boys. I mean, seriously, had I known that I'd find myself someone so easily the instant I got out of Athens, I wouldn't have even wasted my time!

7. One book that you wish had never been written: All of my text books so I would never have to read them! ;)

8. One book you’re currently reading: I'm about to start reading Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge. If you read my last blog, you know that I'm in need of a little intervention to help me overcome issues with Enon's ex's and what not (Mischa recommended it...thanks!) Hopefully this will help reshape my thinking so that I can somehow find fulfillment and validation in spite of it all...

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian. It's been sitting on my night stand for about 2 months now! I need to learn how to pray more effectively and to pray more often, so hopefully this book will provide me with some encouragement....

10. Now tag five people:
Just refer to my friends list..........

Thanks y'all! I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home