Life's a roller coaster and I'm not strapped in.....

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A New Tune

So, based, on my site meter, I have found that in spite of my inconsistent blogging, I still have people who view my page, and, fortunately, they aren't all viewing my page as a result of images or quotes showing up in google searches. For that, the main person I have to thank is Kit Kitchens because he has been oh-so-faithful in keeping me linked to his very busy blog. So, Kit, thanks for keeping the faith...

I've spend the better half of this evening perusing through old blogs that I had written, mostly back in my UGA days. It's so insane how things have changed between then and now. I've already commented in a prior blog about how it seems that a common theme in my posts revolved around either being single/hating boys, dwelling on family drama, or going through the loss of my daddy. Well, Enon, lack of family drama, and mending through time means that I can no longer carry on the aforementioned themes, so I'm to a point where it's time to start singing to a new tune.

My friend Cindy, a former medical student at MCG, once composed a blog (that I unfortunately cannot find in order to properly link) regarding how being a medical student puts you in a life where every aspect is consumed by the medical world. As a result of this, medical students are incapable of making conversation with "real" people because their lives are so consumed by all things med school that it takes away their ability to relate to others. While I am not pursuing a degree in medicine, I am still very much in the same ship and have been ever since being in PT school. When reading through my old blogs, I found myself admiring the passion I used to have, and the inspiration that I gained from my daily encounters. My days of being a PT student haven't really left the same kind of thoughts lingering in my heart as I've had to indulge in a world consumed by medical conditions, research, and rehabilitation protocols; therefore, the ideas for blogs have been few and far between. I've started writing dozens of blogs that I ultimately deleted because I realized I didn't have the same passion as I once had, and it's been frustrating. I need a major change in my life because my heart and soul are thirsting to be inspired. Perhaps that change will come with re-entry into the real world as I am on track to graduate in 8 short months. In the mean time, I'm going to try to start paying attention a little more so that somehow, I can fulfill this need I have to connect with people, because it has been far too long since I've been able to do so....

Hang on everybody, I'm going to make a comeback! I've missed being able to express my thoughts and expose my heart, and I'm hoping to make that change real soon...

Until next time...love y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home